this is a very ff12esque painting to me. I suppose it’s the spiritual successor of the basch painting I never got around to starting haha.
in a lot of ways, cullen is the spiritual successor to basch.
- both spend some time in a cage being tortured, until you set them free
- dutiful, good, loyal people (meredith doesn’t count as people, okay!)
- something something commander something
- basically templars but sensible ones without giant red lyrium swords.
- ‘I must protect the queen/inquisitor/larsa/hawke even if it means renouncing all that I once was/stood for!!!’
- eccentric taste in clothing when left to their own devices (lion hat + feather pauldrons, something with rainbows and wicker weave or whatever the heck it is basch is wearing (not to mention the minuscule thigh guards))
- don’t know what a razor is
I highly doubt basch is as ‘uh duh’ as cullen though.